Home Analyst Portal
Options

Change Nav Menu to "OnClick" rather than "OnMouseOver" for slide out nav menu.

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are getting some complaints from analysts that when they are filling out forms, sometimes the nav menu pops out unexpectedly, and it is preventing / slowing down their ability to fill out forms  etc.

Also sometimes it flicks on and off continuously if you put your mouse in certain places just near the nav menu.

I have spent a few hours trying to figure out how to unbind OnMouseOver event handlers and re-bind them to OnClick, but just cant seem to figure it out :(.

I can see the event handlers exist:

e.g.:

var dom = $(".nav_trigger")
jQuery._data(dom[0],"events")

But I cannot seem to unbind and rebind it.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to getting the answer for this, I would LOVE to see this become a feature request.  My users have made the same complaints for the same reasons.

This is not an answer, but maybe it will spur further discussion.  A quick look at that element does not reveal any mouseover/mouseout events to me, so it might be rolled up to a parent node.
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Joe_Burrows, would you please make this a feature request? It has my vote.

I would like to see this being an optional setting in Admin Settings.
  • Options
    I think we could all get behind that.  For extra bonus points, let users configure it for themselves in the user properties (admin setting would be the sitewide default, which users could override for themselves).

However, I am perfectly happy with a vanilla version that is one setting for all users, first, if that makes it more feasible to implement.
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure can, just dont want to hijack Adrian's thread in case hes wanting a verified answer to his question. Do you want to raise it @Leigh_Kilday as a FR of what you want to see and post the URL in here?
  • Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

I sure can, just dont want to hijack Adrian's thread in case hes wanting a verified answer to his question. Do you want to raise it @Leigh_Kilday as a FR of what you want to see and post the URL in here?
    Good point.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2019/change-nav-menu-to-onclick-rather-than-onmouseover-for-slide-out-nav-menu/p1?new=1
  • Options

Gets my vote :)..

But in the meantime it would be great if someone could provide some JS code to assist with making this adjustment (if possible :) )...

Cheers,

Adrian

• Options

Awesome!

Thanks Martin, that's perfect :).

Much appreciated.

• Options
    Thanks yet again, @Martin_Blomgren!  I wasn't sure when I would have time to take a crack at this, and now I don't have to!
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    It seems like @Martin_Blomgren always has time to take a crack at anything. Either that or he's so awesome these things take him about 10 seconds each!!!
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross in the line of GTD when I see something I actually can fix in a small amount of time I'll do it. This was one of those cases but believe me it's not the usual!