Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Change Nav Menu to "OnClick" rather than "OnMouseOver" for slide out nav menu

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2008/change-nav-menu-to-onclick-rather-than-onmouseover-for-slide-out-nav-menu#latest

Hi,

We are getting some complaints from analysts that when they are filling out forms, sometimes the nav menu pops out unexpectedly, and it is preventing / slowing down their ability to fill out forms  etc.

Also sometimes it flicks on and off continuously if you put your mouse in certain places just near the nav menu.

I have spent a few hours trying to figure out how to unbind OnMouseOver event handlers and re-bind them to OnClick, but just cant seem to figure it out :(.

I can see the event handlers exist:

e.g.:

var dom = $(".nav_trigger")
jQuery._data(dom[0],"events")

But I cannot seem to unbind and rebind it.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I would like to see this being an optional setting in Admin Settings.
I think we could all get behind that.  For extra bonus points, let users configure it for themselves in the user properties (admin setting would be the sitewide default, which users could override for themselves).

However, I am perfectly happy with a vanilla version that is one setting for all users, first, if that makes it more feasible to implement.

9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated