Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Allow Custom Classes to Display in the Portal

Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
When extending SCSM with a custom class it is not currently possible to expose this new class within the Cireson portal.
Allowing a custom class to be synced via the CacheBuilder and then able to be displayed using a custom written form would allow administrators to further extend the functionality of the Cireson portal in alignment with their SCSM console.

A settings screen that would be accessible by administrators on the portal could expose  a list of classes to sync to the ServiceManagement DB.
Once synced to the ServiceManagement DB, a new form could be created by copying the Incident.js (or other similar template) and renamed to the class name and edited to contain the class properties formatted in the same way other forms are currently displayed.

The base view navigation page could be created using a Saved Search to create the initial grid of items. Only once these are clicked on would it expose the related form.

Eventually, a for designer would assist in creating these forms but for this feature a manual creation of the form would suffice.

PROS:
  • Closer Alignment of SCSM Console and Cireson Portal experience for extended environments
  • Further extension of data collected by ServiceManagement DB to assist with faster reporting and long term storage of data in Analytics.

CONS:
  • ServiceManagement DB size could grow fast if not managed correctly
  • Manual form design could be difficult to manage and deliver correctly to end user
32 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This was released with the new CMDB portal.

Comments

• AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I am crossing my fingers that the reference in the v8 release notes "New Extensible Backend with Support for Extensive Customization" means that this is a possibility now.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am crossing my fingers that the reference in the v8 release notes "New Extensible Backend with Support for Extensive Customization" means that this is a possibility now.
    I would love it if we could get some clarification on what that is.  It sounds amazing, but frankly I have no idea what this means.  :)
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to search by extended class properties/relationships is a major PRO if you were to dynamically get the list of properties like I did in SCSM CopyCat.... hint hint.....

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Cireson Portal Search Criteria wasn't hard coded and would list the properties and relationships like this program does, of course it would be B) ..... #UlteriorMotive

• Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Yeah I've tried asking for some details or articles or anything on the "New Extensible Backend with Support for Extensive Customization" but no details, really hoping this becomes a thing its currently like pulling teeth to bring in things I need to develop to meet our corporate needs. Some I've just flat out gave up on and taught my end users how to use the console to enter the data in which is never fun.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The console is banned in our environment, except for admin/config tasks performed by a very small group.  (I am about to block the port except for certain point-to-point FW openings, for example).  I agree with this feeling like pulling teeth.  I just received another email from users today asking how to search for all tickets of a certain category, and I had to tell them that they can't, if the tickets are an SR.  I do not need a read receipt for that message.  I am sure that I will be able to hear the screams of "are you kidding me?!?!" from across the building.

This needs all the votes we collectively have, IMHO.  Telling my users the equivalent of "ignore the ad-hoc search, what you really need is an SSRS report against the warehouse for every conceivable permutation of searches you would want to perform, even though you'll throw it away and need something different after one use" is getting very old for me.

Literally when I was just about to click "Post Comment," someone else just stopped into my office asking why the search doesn't work, and why they can't add other fields like Description to the results.  People are finally realizing the potential usefulness of all the data we are collecting about our processes and starting to have a look at it without any prompting, only to find out that they can't do the simplest searches with it.  It is a momentum-killer and its effects are getting worse, not better. 

While I am told and understand to some extent that it might be a high-effort endeavor to fix this, to me it is like a 200yr old single-lane bridge on an interstate  (warning: imperfect metaphor ahead!).  Infrastructure projects do not draw the ooh's and ah's, and nobody wants to take one lane down to zero for an extended period of time, but everyone is going to ask why you didn't do something about it sooner when the bridge collapses from disrepair, or else they are going to be happy with your interstate after it is not only stable but now has a proper two lanes--and they will forget about the inconvenience, later on.  I have said this before, but this should be the best feature of the system, but instead it is the worst.  Please invest the time and effort necessary to turn it around.  I think @Brett_Moffett's FR above lays the framework for this, expertly (not sure if his intention included Work Item Search or not, but I interpret it that way).  
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭