Incident Form Header: "This Incident Is Linked To Problem: XXXXX [STATUS]"

IT MonkeyIT Monkey O.G.
edited February 26 in Cireson Uploads
Customization by @john_doyle that support have recently implemented on the Cireson Support Portal.

Helps quickly see if the IR is linked to a PR and its status:

Tested on v7.4

//Add Problem Link to the top of the IR form 
app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function(formObj, viewModel){  
      formObj.boundReady(function () {
            if (typeof viewModel.RelatesToWorkItem[0] != 'undefined' && viewModel.RelatesToWorkItem[0].ClassName == 'System.WorkItem.Problem')
			{
				$("#parent-header-space").append("<div><div class='parent-header-link'><label>This incident is linked to problem</label> : <a data-bind='attr: { href: view.controller.editHref}, text: view.controller.editLink' target='_blank' href='/Problem/Edit/" + viewModel.RelatesToWorkItem[0].Id +"/'>" +viewModel.RelatesToWorkItem[0].Id + "</a>&nbsp;<span class='label label-info label-heading'>" + viewModel.RelatesToWorkItem[0].Status.Name + "</span></div></div>");
            };
      });
}); 

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    This is rather rad. I've implemented it in our environment and have had no issues so far.

I tried altering the script to apply to CRs and RRs, but it doesn't show up. Could this be because a CR doesn't have a parent/child function and the #parent-header-space doesn't exist in the CR form?

Edit: @john_doyle
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Guess we have to wait until 7.4. My 7.3 returns undefined on the linked problem status.
    Guess we have to wait until 7.4. My 7.3 returns undefined on the linked problem status.
    Interesting. I am running 7.2 and the provided code works well for me.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Customer Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second @Leigh_Kilday - 7.2 works fine for me.
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Leigh,
    Is it possible that you are using a different relationship to associate the CR and RR workitems? You could try replacing all the references to RelatesToWorkItem with HasRelatedWorkItems in the script and test again.
    Hi John,

That doesn't work for us either. I'm only creating relationships through the portal.