Home Analyst Portal

IE11 Display Issues

Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
We just upgraded our portal from v5 to v7, and it appears that the service cat buttons on the home page, and work items page etc show nothing but the text Work Items then a solid line. There are no debugger tools errors, IE11 worked fine pre-upgrade so im hoping its not a IE setting. All I could find on google/community were some advanced IT settings which I tried so im guessing its not directly IE's fault. This is our corporate browser required for other web apps so we need to use IT, it appears to work ok on edge but very few of our user base is on windows 10 as of this moment. Nothing appears to be a miss in IIE, event viewer on any of the website servers.

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our enterprise had Compatibility View enabled for all Intranet Sites. I would start by seeing if that is set by GPO. Also very you are not in enterprise mode. 

We had to disable these settings in IE for proper portal support. 
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion Brian, we did try disabling and enabling both those settings with no real change in the problem. I did however find a fix but its a weird one. Disabled Dom Storage (the opposite of recommended) seems to fix the issue, altho it does make the portal a bit sluggish it does fetch properly with it off. 

I have told my findings to cireson support hoping that there is a better fix somewhere, but disabling dom storage is the current one so far.
  • Marc-Andre_LafleurMarc-Andre_Lafleur Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I had the same problem when I upgraded from v5 to v7.
    In my case, it was caused by a custom solutions (JS/CSS). I would try removing any custom solutions to see if it fix the problem.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also are you using the community customization Asset Search as noted by @Adam_Dzyacky you may need to upgrade this to the later code:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/6493#Comment_6493