Home Analyst Portal
Options

CR Template 5 day Lead Time

Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Is there any way to enforce a required 5 day lead time into a Change Request template.

We currently have a rule whereby a Normal CR must have a 5 working day lead time.

However we are have to manually keep this in check.

Does anyone know of a way to build it into the template as a required value.

(The date field is already required, but anyone can choose any date).

Comments

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first Activity in the CR could be a runbook that checks to see that the selected dates are in fact 5 days out in the future. Based on whether or not this creates a Manual Activity immediately following itself assigned to the CR Submitter, otherwise this doesn't happen and continues along in the process.

• Options
    Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Whilst the above does seem like a good solution, I would prefer something more productive.

I.E. You click on save and system pulls the red banner to advise that the field is wrongly completed.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly don't disagree with you @Peter_Settle. The whole "how" validation is enforced within core SCSM is a bit weird, but I tend to avoid that level of customization in the name of internal testing, internal support, etc. of such a customization.

However entertaining such a solution within the Cireson Analyst Portal feels a lot more doable.