Home Advanced Request Offering

Advanced request offering, custom queries and SQL

Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to add a SQL query to the advanced request offerings. We have an HR Database that lists all of our managers and what there cost codes are that we would like to use with the advanced request offerings so that the users can select their manager and the correct cost code for their request. If both is not possible would the manager part be?

thanks.

Best Answer

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I understand what you are saying but I really don't think that  would work for us as our asset manager is already populating a set of data that is store in the Cost Center CI and even if he wasn't I don't see how I could link the cost Centers to the manager so that the correct cost center could be picked (each manager has multiple cost codes).

Thanks for the information, I really wish that SCSM would link to AD it would fix soo many issues.

Answers

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Seconded. There are a whole bunch of things we'd query in SQL Server or AD to present to the user.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Candice_Yeudall, This is not the way the system is designed as it is more about pulling informaiton that it know about.

To do what it is you are after i would do the following:
    1. Create a reocuring Asset Import connector to connect to the HR DB and pull in all the Managers and their Cost Centers and place them in the Cireson Asset Management Cost Center CI with the relationship to the Mangers AD User CI
    2. Query the Cost Center or the Manager within the ARO to return the data you need.
    This is an over simplification of the steps but the idea is to get the data in to SCSM so you can use it from there.

Let me know if you need more of a description here
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I understand what you are saying but I really don't think that  would work for us as our asset manager is already populating a set of data that is store in the Cost Center CI and even if he wasn't I don't see how I could link the cost Centers to the manager so that the correct cost center could be picked (each manager has multiple cost codes).

Thanks for the information, I really wish that SCSM would link to AD it would fix soo many issues.