IT Monkey:    
Cireson Support (including phone & email) is not included with this app, or any other free Community app. Take advantage of the Cireson Community to find answers and for troubleshooting assistance.

SSL in Remote Manage

Austin_WongCarterAustin_WongCarter Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited April 5 in Remote Manage
I saw that SSL is enabled in Remote manage, but I am having trouble making it work because the FQDN is the Common Name in a computer certificate. 

I can connect to the computer using the FQDN ComputerName.domain.com, but It won't give me any information from the SCCM Server, OR I can connect to the computer using ComputerName and it will pull the Device collections, but give an error:
"The SSL certificate contains a common name (CN) that does not match the hostname." and not populate any information from the computer itself.

Any ideas?

Answers

• jtuffinjtuffin Member IT Monkey ✭
    I too have the same issue. We have WinRM locked down to SSL only so we are forced to use SSL.

Like you mentioned if I enter the FQDN of the machine it connects but then SCCM won't find the object. If I try to connect without the FQDN SCCM finds the object but Remote Manage fails to connect because of the mismatch to the certificate.

A solution to this would be great so we can trial this tool.

Thanks

Joel
  • Austin_WongCarterAustin_WongCarter Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I've been debating trying to create a cert that would include the NetBIOS name as an alternative name, I think that would work, but I'm not sure security would like it.