How to add placeholder text to text fields

Larry_EllisLarry_Ellis Customer IT Monkey ✭
Does anyone have a way to edit the placeholder text of a text box? I know you can do this for create request on behalf of, but I would like to be able to add placeholder text on any text box for any ARO.

Thanks

Answers

• Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by placeholder text?
  • Larry_EllisLarry_Ellis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Text that goes in the text box that is grey and shows the user a hint for what they should type in. It disappears once the user starts typing in the box. The created on behalf of text field has this feature 
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    It seems that this is not even a feature available in the Kendo UI, so it would be next to impossible to implement at this time, even with help from Cireson.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Actually, I take that back. I just messed around with it a bit, and just by adding 'placeholder="something"' to the <textarea>-tag, it displays the text as a placeholder. Now the real challenge is to actually use a label as a placeholder instead of as a label above the textarea. I guess it should be possible by getting each label of class "control-label" and checking if the next element is a div of class "form-group" and that contains a textarea. If it does, copy the content of the label, hide the label, and add a new attribute to the textarea element with the content from label as value.

It's probably not something I will do, as it seems like the complexity will be to high, and I doubt it will be very robust, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong!