Home Analyst Portal

Configuration Items from existing ticket

Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Is there any way (besides type projections api) too create a configuration item from inside a ticket without having to leave. Currently this is done using the submit button on a totally different page using new, the goal for us here at my company are too get everything done on one page. Anyone done anything like this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    If I understand correctly, you are asking for the little "sunburst" / create icon from the SCSM Console forms to be added Portal-side? There is not currently a way to do this out-of-box, but this would make an excellent feature request! I encourage you to submit this in the feature request section so it can be up-voted.
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Well actually I was more talking about some of the built in CI's that are already under the new menu, like Add new Subnet, Add New location. I am guessing these are posted to the portal somehow since they already exist in the portal. Was just wondering if anyone knew this off the top of there heads before I dig into the depths of the source code to figure it out. My first guess was a kendo datasource maybe? without looking at anything. If I get really desperate I could use SQL from the client side (bad security) to accomplish this but I'm trying to avoid that if mechanisms already exist that I can use that are more secure