Home Asset Management
Options

How to Get Software Assets based on their created date

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
How can i get the created date of an software asset either from the DB or the SW item itself. I can se the created date in the History tab of the SW Item but i cannot find it in the DB or the cireson sw asset cubes. Anyone got any idea please share.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an interesting question and one that I thought would be fairly simple to answer, however after some time browsing the database, I'm not able to find a created date within any relevant columns or tables. 

It's important to note that OOB SCSM Software Items also do not have a Created Date column, so this is not exclusive to the way it's been designed by Cireson. 

Outside of the history tab, I don't know of any way to get the created date for a configuration item. There would likely be an advanced SQL query to be able to find it, but I'm not well versed in SQL unfortunately. 

I'll ask our resident SQL expert and see what he comes back with.

• Options
    Thx i will give this a try.
  • Options
    Awsome this worked out great. I would never have figured out that it was that DB that hold the info. Again THX alot.
    So a new question. is there a way to find the added configuration ITEM within a SWA?. What i am trying to do is to make a report of a specific PrimaryUser and what Config Items is related to that specific SWA.