Home Analyst Portal
Options

Cireson Portal, IIS App Pool crashed.

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Analyst Portal
This is genuinely the first I've seen this occur. Here's the setup:
  • 2 load balanced endpoints
  • Both have been tuned per this Cireson KB
  • Both have the IIS module for URL Rewrite installed to force traffic from HTTP to HTTPS
  • Running portal v7.2

A single one recently threw a few warnings in IIS:
A worker process 'PID#' serving application pool 'CiresonPortal' failed to stop a listener channel for protocol 'http' in the allotted time.  The data field contains the error number.

This was ultimately followed by:

Application pool 'CiresonPortal' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

It was found that the app pool had stopped and was no longer serving up the page. Starting the App Pool resolved this, but I'm curious if anyone has experienced this and/or have any idea where to begin troubleshooting this?

Comments

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a load balancer, why do you not have to perform the HTTP to HTTPS traffic?
    This would take some of the lifting off IIS on your web server.
    My environment we have one URL and for console connections the load balancer connects them to one of three management servers. When HTTP traffic arrives it is redirected to HTTPS and then HTTPS is connect to one of the two web servers. We are using a Kemp virtual appliance and we have no issue with the load on it.