We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.
For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
PowerShell Activity, Enable Scheduling of Activities
- Significantly easing the creation of custom connectors
- Not having to wrap powershell scripts into MPs
- Not having to troubleshoot/deal with the SCSM Authoring Tool
- Enabling worfklow creation through a means it would seem a lot of SCSM Admins are more familiar with
- Putting the solution more in line with the SMA Management Pack wherein SMA jobs are another type of workflow that could be created in the SCSM console on a schedule/trigger
It goes without saying that the trade off here is that probably it would be difficult to turn these scheduled activities into dedicated workflows that could be individually debugged through the Administration -> Workflow -> Status pane and/or running PowerShell/SQL to investigate the source of issues. Instead just having a single Cireson P$A workflow that merely contains all the scheduled jobs. Then again perhaps some intelligence could be introduced around the P$A output so as to build a running log of success/failure for a particular job based on if the output contains error codes.