Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

display SR implementation note in action log history

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi there

A lot of analysts ask me if it would be possible to show the implementation note of a SR in the action log of that ticket.

Unfortunately this is just possible on IRs, here's an example of what I mean:

Of course we can checkout the implementation note in the ticket history, but thats a lot more work.

Thanks in advance!

8 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You can see the implementation notes under the Results tab but I agree that showing them in the notes would be great.  
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You can see the implementation notes under the Results tab but I agree that showing them in the notes would be great.  

Thanks for your reply Adrian, that's right with the results tab, but I totally agree with you, it would be much easier to see the whole log in the action log section.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have our own "Quick Complete" task that performs this exactly, when it is done.  It should be pretty easy to make the default tasks do this.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Tom_Hendricks can You please give some more details about that "quick complete" task, how is that built? Thank you very much and best regards Silas

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a task that presents a window, not coincidentally very similar to the Change Status window, which prompts for the Implementation Results (dropdown list, of course) and results.  The key difference here is that it does not ask for status, it only sets the status to Completed.

When OK is clicked, an entry is added to the Action Log that is similar to "This ticket was completed using Quick Complete: [IMPLEMENTATION RESULT STRING] - [RESULT TEXT]"

It may be possible for me to share the code, but I would have to scrub and make it more generic, first.  It is not overly complicated, but I will say that populating a Kendo DDL/AutoComplete on an HTML window and capturing its value is far more tedious than I would have guessed prior to attempting it.  Once you see working code for it, it makes sense, though.