Home Service Manager
Options

Hide "private" E-Mails

Bjoern_RettigBjoern_Rettig Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello,

it is possible to hide "private" flagged E-Mails from the related items/file attachments in the Service Manager Portal

Answers

• Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "hide"? Do you want it to still remain visible for e.g. analysts? If so, I can't think of a way to make this work nicely. You can of course just delete the relationship from the WI with SMA or Orch, but that would remove the attachment completely from the WI.

To let it remain accessible to analysts, maybe you could add a custom field, e.g. "has further attachments", which you then set to true, if you have removed any file attachments from the WI, and then make sure to copy it to a network location sorted by IR/SR-number, where the analysts know to look?

Although I still don't know how to scan for "private" flagged e-mails?
  • Options
    Bjoern_RettigBjoern_Rettig Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi,

you're right. The private E-Mails should be visible for analysts but not for enduser.

Is their something that can be done with autoreizations?
  • Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Bjørn,

No, unfortunately I don't believe this can be restricted with SCSM security model, as there will always be the implied relationship between an attachment and the end user who added it. The only way I can think of to do this, would be what I described in the second paragraph in my post.