Home Analyst Portal
Options

Having the issue with History entries not showing up on Incident request created on console.

Yuriy_MikhaylenkoYuriy_Mikhaylenko Customer IT Monkey ✭

Having the issue with History entries not showing up on Incident request created on console. it happens only in Cireson Portal v7.4 environment. The request has to marinate over several hours to show the history on portal.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Thank you Tony.

Yes, I did review the 7.5 upcoming fix for the issue with History tab. The interesting thing,that history is not showing up on Incident Requests for a couple of days. It doesn't happens on service requests or other request types.

I hope 7.5 could fix the issue.

• Options

Hi Merlenette,

I wish it was correct assumption. Unfortunately, the Incident Requests I have tested had no Related items attached. No Configuration items, no Knowledge Articles, no Attached files. These IRs are needed some time, several hours to show up the history.

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Yuriy_Mikhaylenko

Can you open a support ticket for me please. This is a known issue and we have opened a PR around it
  • Options

Merlenette,

Your assumption lead me to investigate the issue farther. The root of the problem was lots of Parent incidents without children. We did not setup Parent-Children incident resolution option to resolve automatically in SCSM console. Apparently, some analysts created parent IR with several children incidents, than resolved parent incident and left some children unresolved. This way we had accumulated big numbers of Closed parent incidents with no children. We fixed the childless parent incidents issue, and History is visible on IRs now. 

Well, we have another unsolved mystery. Now the resolution time cannot be added, subtracted or saved in production. However it works flawlessly in development environment. Both environments have Cireson portal v7.4 

Please see the attached screen shots related to History visibility issue.