Home Analyst Portal
Options

Performance issues with IE 11 on random users

Donna_KennedyDonna_Kennedy Member IT Monkey ✭

We are having severe performance issues with IE 11 for random Portal users.  The views take 20-25 seconds to load, and then opening a ticket takes 10 to 15 seconds.  Is there some parameter in IE that would cause this problem?  Everything was working fine for everyone until 2 weeks ago.

I have asked the ones with slow performance to use Chrome and that is much better for them, but I need to get them back on IE.

All management servers have been rebooted.

We are on Update Versions: 11.0.42 (KB4018271)

Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have run into the same issue.
    Have the users clear their local IE11 cache. 
    When doing so make sure to uncheck the first check box for favorites. 
  • Options
    One more thing ... No issues display with F12.
  • Options
    There will not be any listed issues on the browser. Just clear their local browser cache and they will perform better.
  • Options

I had the user clear the cache as you suggested and the problem is still there.

• Options
    Did they remove the check box from favorites.
    It is on by default
    Also make sure they do this from the control panel with no IE windows open

• Options

No improvement.  Takes 25.93 seconds to pull up active work view; 25.71 seconds to pull up my requests.  Average is 2-3 seconds in Mozilla.

• Options
    Are they running in IE11 Native mode?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    If the users log into another workstation does the issue follow them?
  • Options

Works correctly on another workstation.

• Options
    Cool so you isolated the issue to specific users on specific workstations. Work on fixing their workstation profiles. 
  • Options
    Thank you Brian.  Let me see what we can do there.
  • Options
    It turns out that the security patches that were being installed on our desktops caused the random performance issues.
  • Options
    Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We are also seeing the same issue as you, the interesting thing is sometimes IE works fine and others it is slow for the same user using IE11 but on Chrome it is always fast.
  • Options

Our desktop team worked with the anti-virus company to get the performance issue resolved.  The patches caused many performance issues with IE.

• Options
    Thanks for your feedback. I sent to our Desktop team. We are moving to Windows 10 and users do not see this issue when using IE11 on that OS, but we still have a lot of users that are still on Windows7 using IE11 that are seeing this issue.
  • Options
    Donna do you have specifics on what was done to rectify your issue, my desktop team is asking? Thank you for any information you can provide.
  • Options

We were having the problem on all Windows OSs.  Our antivirus vendor gave them additional patches to apply, since the initial patches they received from the vendor caused the problem.  This happened at the time that there was that virus threat world wide, and the team was installing all the latest patches.  Is yours related to Anti-Virus software patches, because that is what caused ours.  We couldn't roll the patches back, but we applied additional patches that the vendor added.

• Options
    We are not sure at this point what is causing it, the only thing we know for sure is Chrome works fine but IE has this issue. Thanks
  • Options
    What anti virus do you use at your site? Thanks