Home Analyst Portal
Options

Copying a Service Request does not use the same template

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We have a simple offering based on the Service Request class that allows a user to create an SR. There's no activity in the template. You can change the status or cancel the request.

When somebody takes an existing SR bassed on this template and uses the "Copy to new" feature in the tasks list, the new SR now contains a review and a manual activity. Because the RA is empty, this SR would never continue. I thought, when copying an SR, it would be based on the same template.

How can I make sure that the Copy feature uses the same template as the original SR? Can I edit which template is used when copying the SR? It's annoying to keep an eye on such copied SRs to skip the review activities or try to tell the users not to use the copy feature.

Thanks.

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Where are you performing this Copy task, as I always use SCSM \ library \ Templates.

Select the template you wish to copy and then right click and select Duplicate.

This always provided an identical duplicate of the original template.

• Options
    Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Peter,

I do not want to copy the template, but the Service Request. When I work in the portal in the Teamwork folder, I open a Service Request. On the right Hand side under Tasks, there's "Copy to new". This creates a new Service Request, but not with the same template. That's my issue.