Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Start Orchastrator Runbooks from External Tools

Currently life is a little difficult if you want to execute a run book from a web hook you need to create a com object then get all the run book data then pass a hash table to the web request

any way the smart people can some how integrate this into the Configuration Manager portal

or even execute the service request that is starting the orchestrator run book from the Configuration manager portal

3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This is possible using external tools today. It was available in version 2.

Comments

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I guess you could link directly to an RO, which is build upon a SR template with an RB activity, and that way start the runbook? Although you would still have to enter all the info into the RO.

Actually, it should be possible to create a new SR with the /Commit/ endpoint, if you can get the variables you need to send to the runbook from the CM portal. I.e. a "dynamic" link, which changes based on the information on the CM portal, and when clicked creates a new SR, with a RB activity, with all the information already entered. The SR would trigger the runbook and do whatever you need it to do.
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. We do have plans to provider better integration between the two unique Portals in the future. That is already on the list for a future release. I believe that in the Configuration Manager Day presentation on automating the CMP, there was a demo on how to do some integration. You might check the vimeo.com/teamcireson site for that presentation and see if it helps in the meantime.