Home View Builder

How to create a view for affected work Items for Business services?

Amit_SehgalAmit_Sehgal Customer IT Monkey ✭

I have tried to use the available combination class Service Map (advanced) and Work Item (Advanced) and in the criteria tab, I have select 'Is Related to Configuration Item" and "about configuration Item"to create a view of CI (business services) to affected work items, this view won't show any affected work items. Can you please suggest which combination class I have to use in this case to get a best view of all work items that are affected by business services?

Best Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is the sealed version - I haven't sealed an MP in a while, but I think I did it right. Let me know if you have any issues with it

Answers

• Amit_SehgalAmit_Sehgal Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that, I have tried to install that MP provided and getting this error -

The management pack import failed.
    Errors (2):
    Could not load management pack [ID=System.WorkItem.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.7487.0]. The management pack was not found in the store.
    : Version mismatch. The management pack ([System.WorkItem.Library, 31bf3856ad364e35, 7.5.3079.607]) requested from the database was version 7.5.7487.0 but the actual version available is 7.5.3079.607.

Could not load management pack [ID=Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.7487.0]. The management pack was not found in the store.
    : Version mismatch. The management pack ([Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console, 31bf3856ad364e35, 7.5.3079.607]) requested from the database was version 7.5.7487.0 but the actual version available is 7.5.3079.607.

if you could please have a look,

thanks,

Amit.

Give this version a try

Alright, that worked, but got this error saying the MP is unsealed while creating the view, would you be able to help sealing this please, I have tried but seems like I don't have option to do so.

Ahh right, forgot about that. Give me a moment and I'll seal it - alternatively you could add the view into the same Management Pack that I have attached if you want to leave it unsealed. 
    Answer ✓
    Here is the sealed version - I haven't sealed an MP in a while, but I think I did it right. Let me know if you have any issues with it

Yes, that's better mate :) thanks for  this yes I can have my view created now.

cheers

one more quick question, how do I add 'status, category, assigned to support group' fields to the view? they are not there in the available list to select from.