Home Analyst Portal
Options

Incident type projections: Don't forget the Parent/Child Relationship!

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
If you are familiar with the term "Type Projection" or "Combination Class," you have probably already studied this KB article: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1174#/

Throughout this, Google searches, and many other good posts here on this site, I have not seen any reference to the Parent/Child relationship for Incident projections.  That may be because it does not seem necessary in the console, but the portal seems to need explicit mention of both sides of the relationship in the projection.

If you are creating an Incident type projection and use Parent tickets, make sure you include the following in your projection:

<Component Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemHasParentWorkItem']$" Alias="ParentWorkItem" />
<Component Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemHasParentWorkItem' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicket']$" Alias="ChildWorkItem">
<!-- Some example relationships in the ticket that you may want to include -->
<Component Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemAssignedToUser']$" Alias="AssignedUser" /> <Component Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketClosedByUser']$" Alias="ClosedByUser" /> <Component Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketResolvedByUser']$" Alias="ResolvedByUser" /> </Component>

It is possible that I missed this, but if it is that hard to find, forgive me for reposting.  :)