Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

how to map all user prompts to SCSM forms?

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Advanced Request Offering

Hi Folks

We're trying to build an advanced request offering, where our users can register new employees.

Therefore I've started creating the new offering user mappings. There are a lot of input fields like firstname, lastname, date of birth, future department, branch, date of entry etc..

My problem is that I can just map ONE user Input field to ONE SCSM form field, like "description".

How can I get all These informations into one SCSM form?

I can imagine, that is one of things where MS says "sorry but thats by design" which would make it completely unusable.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017 Answer ✓
    Silas, that's actually the payoff of Advanced Request Offering is that you can do the very thing you're describing as out of the box it is "by design."

In Cireson Advanced Request Offering go to the "Multiple Mapping" section. Then select by checking off one of the properties, to keep this line with your request let's use Description. Once you do this, the next area becomes enabled that allows you to select a prompt. Just pick the prompt and then hit Add Prompt.

You can repeat this process as much as you'd like to insert multiple prompts into a single area. You also can add your own text here. So you could have something like "First Name: $promptNameForFirst", etc, etc.

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017 Answer ✓
    Silas, that's actually the payoff of Advanced Request Offering is that you can do the very thing you're describing as out of the box it is "by design."

In Cireson Advanced Request Offering go to the "Multiple Mapping" section. Then select by checking off one of the properties, to keep this line with your request let's use Description. Once you do this, the next area becomes enabled that allows you to select a prompt. Just pick the prompt and then hit Add Prompt.

You can repeat this process as much as you'd like to insert multiple prompts into a single area. You also can add your own text here. So you could have something like "First Name: $promptNameForFirst", etc, etc.

• Options
    Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Adam, many many thanks for your fast answer!!

I missed the forest for the trees :) I will check it out asap.