Home Analyst Portal

Need help with Portal custom incident form

Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I added 2 new enumeration list to my incident form but every time i choose a item and save or apply changes, they dont seem to be saved. when i go into the SM console the fields are still blank...I really need this to work because it is part of a orchestrator runbook process.

Best Answer

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Joshua,

Do you want to paste the relevant lines from Incident.js

The correct syntax is this.
    { DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "PropertyDisplay", PropertyName: "Property", EnumId: 'Enum' }

PropertyDisplay should be the text you want to appear on the form
    Property should be in internal name of the property. You can look this up by seeing all the properties on an incident by opening F12 tools in the browser open at the Incident page, and then type pageForm.viewModel into the console tab.
    Enum is the GUID of the list you have bound to the property. One way to look this up is with PowerShell SMlets. Get-SCSMEnumeration <name> | select Id

Good luck

Geoff
  • Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

<div>{ DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "Request Type", PropertyName: "AC_EnumId_1", EnumId: "2cb6ac94-40ca-3fc0-0378-ec76df55877d"},
    <span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">{ DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "ASAR/ASCR Systems", PropertyName: "AC_EnumId_2", EnumId: "eac1f193-26fe-0d2f-2a29-5ea0f946369c"},</span></div>
    The problem is it is not saving the entry after it has been chosen.
    Here is a short video 
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-nxnSB-4zQ4eElOX0pPdmpUS1k
    Also forgot to mention that this is my lab environment
    @Geoff_Ross

Do you know what could be wrong?
  • AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    So the top of the image is confusing to me, is this part of the incident or an activity?

Looking at the code you posted can you confirm the PropertyName is "AC_EnumId_1".  Also on the ServiceManager side, is that property linked to that enumeration?

So the top of the image is confusing to me, is this part of the incident or an activity?

Looking at the code you posted can you confirm the PropertyName is "AC_EnumId_1".  Also on the ServiceManager side, is that property linked to that enumeration?

Hi, 

We put the the fields in the activity section of Incidents because Completing the single activity and making the choise in both the Enum list will be used in the Runbook. We just want to keep the steps together. As for the property, yes it is also AC_Enumid_1 on ServiceManager side.

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Joshua_Walker

have you tried restarting the website and app pool since adding the extra fields ?

doing this resolved a similar issue for us
    Jeff_Lang said:
    @Joshua_Walker

have you tried restarting the website and app pool since adding the extra fields ?

doing this resolved a similar issue for us
    just tried...same issue
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    to be sure everything flows through correctly to the portal, i'd suggest the following.

1. in SCSM Console, open the default template the portal is using and save it again (to ensure it has the emunerations saved on it and that it is last modified after they were added)
    2. Restart the Cache Builder Service
    3. Restart Website and App Pool after the Cache Builder has finished Caching again.
    4. Hopefully they will start saving correctly :)
    edited August 2017
    Fixed...was using the Enum property name instead of the Class Extension property name for the new field in the incident form :)