Home Analyst Portal
Options

AD group members of a single group can't see Team Requests, My Work and Team Work icon in the portal

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I have about  20 AD groups being used to work with incidents and service requests. Each of these groups has an incident resolvers and a service request analyst role in Service Manager. Mappings for the portal are done for each of the groups. The views in the portal are fine, they all see the 4 icons to work with incidents and service requests. Each group can only see those tickets that are assigned to their group resp. a member of the group. Permissions seem to be correct. I'm using portal version 7.4.2012.3.

A single AD group has a Service Request Analyst role in Service Manager (but no incident resolver role), the AD group is mapped with its corresponding Service Request support group in the portal support group mappings, the AD group is added to the team requests view groups in the portal configuration. The users of this group only see the My Requests icon in the console, out of the four icons to work with tickets. Neither the accounts in the AD group, the AD group itself nor the configuration is new, configuration has been done months ago. Cachebuilder log has no errors in relation to the users or the AD group.

Do I need a Service Manager role with Incident resolvers rights for the other icons to be visible in the portal? Anything else I'm missing? The Service Request analyst role is only limited in Catalog items group and views, all queues, configuration items tasks and form templates can be accessed.

Ingrid

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Hi Konstantin,

thank you. I knew that there must have been a permission I forgot.

I've added the Analyst AD group to the AnalystsADGroup. Now, the icon Team Work is shown on the left side, the displayed requests are correct. Team Request and My Work icons are still missing, but I hope that this is only a cache builder issue. If I understand it right, Team request icon is defined by membership to the "team requests view groups" in the portal. This has been done long ago, I wonder why this icon is missing. Which permission defines the "My Work" icon?

Ingrid

• Options

I feel like a complete beginner. You were right, I forgot to configure the navigation settings. Since having done the initial configuration for the portal, I mostly used the groups that already were permitted in the navigation settings. For one of the navigation icons, I had used the corresponding group from the trusted domain, but not the linked group of the domain where the Service Manager resides in.

Now all icons are visible for this single group. Thank you.

Ingrid