[Today] date in Portal searches returning odd values

Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi All

I created a search for all work items created [today] and the results seem to think it was based on an errant date in June. No matter how I term the query (whether 'all work items' or individual classes of work item) it still returns this date.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    What version of the portal are you running? In the 7.x versions, there is a bug that relative dates in searches run into issues. 

Answers

• David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    hi the date you have circled in the picture above is last modified rather than created date
  • Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited September 6
    Yes I realise that, but that is just one of the columns returned and used to illustrate the issue. Let's take it as read that if date created is [Today] then Last Modified cannot be a date in June?  :)
  • David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    when searching with the today function i have to use the >= today as "today" is the date at 00:00, why your seeing things that are last modified back in July is a little strange but as all the dates and times for your last modified are the same it would suggest some sort of automation or script has set these values
    edited September 6
    Nope, this just returns everything that is older than [now]; surely '=' should be the correct one?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    What version of the portal are you running? In the 7.x versions, there is a bug that relative dates in searches run into issues. 
    Ach it's v8.0+
    edited September 14
    Thanks Brian, I got it https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1319/incidents-not-displaying-using-relative-date which I've updated with a new report.