Home Service Manager
Options

Need to resolve 404 - File or directory not found error

Yuriy_MikhaylenkoYuriy_Mikhaylenko Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am having an error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

while utilizing the link on Cireson "Send Email" template sent to End User from portal.

I do not have any issue with the same template when executing the link to access Incident Request on portal within Test template tool.

I have configured "Send Email" template to give user access to Incident Request directly from the links from e-mail

I have followed the Cireson instructions from this article:https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/48#/

and https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1168#/

Also, the "Setting Items" on portal's Admin Settings are setup correctly for Template prefix, SMTP Server Name, SMTP Port number.

I have tested other e-mail notifications stored in the same management pack, but created with subscriptions.

They all working either from Template Tool link or from e-mail sent to End User via SCSM subscriptions.

What could be the reason Cireson Send Email from portal template is not working?

Thank you 

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

Wow, I thought something was wrong with my logic. My goal was to give the End User ability to click on the Incident request link in e-mail notification and get directly to request on portal. At the same time I wanted to ease service desk tech's pain of typing in the blank template all information related to Incident Request - Title, ID etc... I found work around though. Service desk tech pasting portal Incident hyperlink from address bar into the template now. it seams satisfies both parties. 

Bryan,Geoff and Tom

Thank you for help. You made my day today 

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi,

What URL is the email trying to link to that is giving the 404?

Geoff
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that Send Email will not convert any MP variables.  Your template will look correct in the Email Template tester (one of the best add-ons ever made, IMO) but not when sent from the portal.  If your URL contains an MP variable, such as the ticket ID, it is just going to write $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem]/Id$ (verbatim) into your URL.

I'll second the suggestion to create a Feature Request for this.  That would solve one of my current headaches, too.
  • Options
    Answer ✓

Wow, I thought something was wrong with my logic. My goal was to give the End User ability to click on the Incident request link in e-mail notification and get directly to request on portal. At the same time I wanted to ease service desk tech's pain of typing in the blank template all information related to Incident Request - Title, ID etc... I found work around though. Service desk tech pasting portal Incident hyperlink from address bar into the template now. it seams satisfies both parties. 

Bryan,Geoff and Tom

Thank you for help. You made my day today