Home Analyst Portal
Options

promoted views guid in columns

Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Analyst Portal
I have made a new view in the console using Cireson View Builder, under Configuration Items under Computers. I am targetting a custom type projection (combination class) that resembles Computer (advanced) but with a few new relationships. I also tried making the view in another location with the same result.

When I promote the view to the portal, then all column names are shown as guids:

The view works fine though, values showing up at the corresponding column.

Is this a "feature" or a bug? :) - and is there any workarounds? Couldn't find anything on the community forum or in the support forum.

Using Cireson Portal 7.2.2012.1
ViewBuilder: 7.5.1.1

Thanks
/Morten

Answers

• Options
    Also, maybe you should update the roadmap: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1304#/

It says that in version 8.1 there will be Custom Configuration Item Editting and in version 8.2 Custom Configuration Item Forms.

Is this something that is implemented? I could not find it on the release notes at least. 

This is the most sought  after feature from all our customers :)
  • Options
    Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Morten,

I had a similiar problem (GUIDs instead of names) sometimes ago, and I am not sure if I remember right, but I believe it had something todo with "language pack" and default language in the manangement pack which defines the views and the columns etc.)

Maybe this helps you ?

regards

Roland

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Morten

I have seen this before and I can't remember the cause but I think I recall just restarting something got it sorted. What the something what I can't recall either (going for least helpful comment of the year here) but I was likely to be AppPool.

As for the CI Forms, It is still on the roadmap but I believe it just got pushed back a release. Hopefully @seth_coussens can confirm and get the roadmap updated.

Geoff
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    thanks for the suggestions. There is only english in the language pack in the MP.  Restarting cachebuilder, site and appPool did not help. 

Maybe I can correct the names in the database viewpanels, just a bit cumbersome :/

Hope we can get some proper cmdb going in the portal soon
  • Options
    Tim_MuehlhausenTim_Muehlhausen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Morten,
    i have dealed with a similar problem. My solution approach was to promote it a few times and to use the reset view Button in the custom view.

regards
    Tim