Home Asset Management

How do I add Asset Tag and Location to either the View or the Asset List Report?

L_AliceaL_Alicea Customer IT Monkey ✭
Using The Cireson Asset Management application, and the input of items worked very well with the Excel Plugin, but now I'm confused about how to get the information I want from a reporting/auditing standpoint.  How can I get the Asset Tag and the location of the asset to show up either in a view, or in the report?  When I do the Asset Detail, it gives me what I need.  I assume I have to create a custom report for this?  If there's something already made, this will make things easier on me, but I wanted to see what my options were.

Answers

• Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi there... from a reporting perspective, it sounds like you use the Cireson Portal(?), but do you use Cireson Analytics/Dashboard designer?  If so, from version 8 of the portal onwards, you can use the new OData widgets to create grid/tabular views of the data you need like the following:

I created the above with the following settings:

You can also use Asset Excel to show the relevant HW asset records (or all assets) using the search function. Click Search > select asset Type = Hardware Asset > include any filters you need > press Search.  This should create a new HW asset sheet with a lot of data but also with columns for 'Asset Tag' and 'Hardware Asset Has Location' with the location information from the Asset Detail form.

I hope that helps.
    Davis
  • L_AliceaL_Alicea Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm actually using the physical SCSM Console and running the reports from the canned reports provided by Cireson in the console itself.  Our Portal is still running version 7 so I will need to update that, but I hadn't attempted to do this from the portal itself.  I'll give it a shot and see if this fits my needs.