IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.
Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.
Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.
Locking the work item
What it does:
- User opens workitem
- Checks if there is an object with the same ID in the work item lock class
- If there is none, a new entry is created for this workitem. The lock is then updated every 30 seconds.
- If a lock is found, the code checks if the lock belongs to this user, or if it is older than 35 seconds. In this case the lock is updated with the current time and the details of the user. The lock is then updated every 30 seconds.
- If the lock is found but the lock is held by a different user and was last updated less than 35 seconds ago, the user is alerted that the work item is being edited by the user holding the lock and the Save and Apply buttons are disabled.
- Unzip the attached file.
- Import the Management Pack into the SCSM Console
- Run the PowerShell script to give End Users create/edit rights to the Work Item Lock class
N.B. This has not been tested in a production environment. Please test it thoroughly before implementing it. I am sure it needs more error checking code before it is ready for use.