Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Migrate Portal Database tables

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Add the ability to migrate the Cireson portal tables for
Navigation 
Dashboards
Knowledge Base
-KB Comments
-KB Ratings
-Enumerations
Accouncements
11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Not having this makes it difficult to maintain separate environments for development and testing. Has anyone developed a work around for this?  Here are some additional items that would be very helpful:

Admin Settings
    Email Settings
    Team View Groups
    Custom View Settings
    I just had another thought about this. Could you clone the ServiceMangement database from one environment to another, truncation the SCSM related data tables, rerun the portal installation to get the correct service accounts setup and then rerun cache builder?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having this makes it difficult to maintain separate environments for development and testing. Has anyone developed a work around for this?  Here are some additional items that would be very helpful:

Admin Settings
    Email Settings
    Team View Groups
    Custom View Settings
    First of all, great additional suggestions.  As for getting by in the meantime, I have had some success using SQL to transfer them:

Admin Settings
    : Yes (to workaround).  But it seems that you need to click into them and do something to indicate a change (add a space to the end or something) and then save, in order for them to really stick.  It's as though another process happens on form submit that is lost when you just move them with SQL.

Email Settings: See above.  All part of the same table.

Team View Groups: Have not personally tried this one.

Custom View Settings: Views are split between NavigationNode, ViewPanel, and DisplayString tables.  Dashboards will also depend on DataSource.  
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brian_Wiest and @Tom_Hendricks - Thanks for the tips. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling my DEV environment today and will give these a try.