Home Lifecycle Management app

LifeCycle Work Item failure -How to

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Just to share my experience with a failure on work item copy. 

Was running into an issue with work item copy where the log would return an error
hexadecimal value 0x1C, is an invalid character. Line 11, position 26.
There are a couple of pain points that make this hard to hunt down.
1. The current version of the App does not provide what work item caused the error.
2. hex value 0x1C is a non printable character 

Using http://www.asciitable.com/ we coverted the 0x1C to char(28) to search thru SQL tables to find the "problem"

With the help of my SQL engineer, we ended up writing a SQL that created queries for all tables and columns. In the end we found that it was in one table. 'RelationshipGenericView' in the SCSM database

Using the following query we were able to find all the related tickets that were generating the app error. 
select * from [RelationshipGenericView] where [TargetObjectFullName] like '%'+char(28)+'%'
For us we have a software item pulled in from SCCM that a vendor placed a the char(28) in their product name. This software item was then related to a number of incidents. After removing the related object the lifecycle app complete the work item migration. 

Sign In or Register to comment.