IT Monkey:   

Formal Cireson Support (phone, email, and web) is not included with the free Self-Service Portal – Community app. For trouble shooting assistance, take advantage of the Cireson Community to find answers to your questions. However, if you’d like to purchase a Support Package to access more formal Cireson Support (phone, email, and web), please contact us today to learn more on the pricing options.

Setting the End User Homepage

Hello,

I've been attempting to set the end user homepage using the Admin Settings > Setting Items but it refuses to update.  Regardless of the view id that i use it always defaults to the following id: View/94ecd540-714b-49dc-82d1-0b34bf11888f.

I was able to set the Analyst view with no issues, this only occurs with end users.  the current portal version is 8.2.1.2016 and the management pack version is 7.7.2016.185.  I have been unable to locate any information in the community.  Has anyone experienced this issue before.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Jarrett_Faulk
    I've changed my EndUserHomePage around a couple of times and it worked every time.  Have you looked in the database after saving Admin Settings to see if it's changing in the SettingsItem table?
  • Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Justin_Workman
    I checked the database and the changes are reflecting in the SettingsItem table.  It is reflecting the view id I want but the end user is still getting a blank page. I am using the Alternative homepage, would that have anything to do with this? 
  • Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Justin_Workman
    it appears to be an issue with my test user.  Thanks for the help.