Home Analyst Portal
Options

Navigation settings

Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I had an analyst move the Team Work view to the very top of the bar (above the home page).  This change did not affect my portal view but it did change the location for some other analyst.  Why did this happen?  Is there a way to disable the navigation settings for analyst?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    So, I figured out that the SCSM Analyst group was in the SCSM Admins group.  So everyone was an admin.  That has been corrected.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alan_Foster
    You may need to clear your browser cache.  The navigation settings for each user are stored in browser storage.
  • Options
    @Justin_Workman , I cleared the browser cache on my local workstation but it did not change on my portal.  I watched another analyst that is not an administrator move the team work to the top.  then I had  several analyst that are brand new to the portal report that the team work icon was gone, when it had just moved to the top. 

If I as the administrator I wanted to set it a certain way so that it could not be changed again how would I do that?

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-admins shouldn't be able to adjust Navigation settings?
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you walk thru How the user is moving the team work icon? Are they going to navigation settings or so other method.
  • Options
    using the name pull down on the right, selecting navigation settings, grab the  Team Work and drag it to the top and drop it.
  • Options
    Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a security issue, are you sure he is not part of admins?

Let the user log into the console and see what he has access to, if he can access and change a setting in the admin tab you will have to look into it.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    So, I figured out that the SCSM Analyst group was in the SCSM Admins group.  So everyone was an admin.  That has been corrected.