Recurring Notification for Unassigned Tickets

Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I'm wondering if anyone here has a solution for a recurring notification. I have support groups that tend to let their tickets sit unassigned for long periods of time, and I am tired of emailing them with reminders. Instead I would like the system to do this for me. I went to create a template and subscription but I couldn't find the exact option I needed out of the box.

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Kevin_Goodwin - You should be able to create a recurring subscription in Subscriptions by using this:

And a criteria like this:

I hope this helps!
  • Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Justin,

Yup, I know I have that setup and I have toyed around with it, but I cannot find the option I need in there. I want to have the notification trigger when the "Assigned to" field is Null. I have seen a couple examples used where they take the "First assigned to" field and then due XML changes to add a "isNull" option since that doesn't come out of the box, but with how a ticket may possibly be transferred from one person to another group here, I really need to have it trigger off of the "Assigned to" field. And sadly, I am not very handy with XML customizations, otherwise this would probably be really easy.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Does it not work with having username is empty?  It's been a while since I've done a manual subscription like that, but I thought that would work.
    I don't see the field option for "Assigned to" in the options for the subscription. It's been a while since I have done one too, but I seem to remember having a hard time telling them to watch either the Affected User or Assigned to Fields as criteria. I have drilled through the list looking for an option, but have been unable to find one.

Somehow I didn't think that would work, as I thought it needed to be the exact field name, but it worked. I knew it had to be easy. :)

Thanks Justin!

So I have another questions that sort of continues this line of thought. I have the subscription setup now, but I need to suppress the first notification. I was thinking of using a relative created date criteria, but I don't know how to tell it to say, "Don't send this notification until after XX time has gone by"

Any ideas on that?

I tried playing around with relative dates on "Last Modified" but couldn't get anything to do the trick. It seems so simple to do, yet the correct setup is eluding me.