Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Export WorkItem to HTML

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen requests to export a whole Work Item for viewing outside the SCSM/Cireson sphere.  This powershell script will let you select all available properties as well as the Action Log and History and export it all in a nice, neat little html file on your desktop.

Comments

• Brendan_SmithBrendan_Smith Customer IT Monkey ✭
    That looks great. Could be very useful.
  • Rob_SimonRob_Simon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thank you Justin. This is great for when audit rolls around.
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This looks great @Justin_Workman!! Would it be fairly straightforward/possible to extract the attachments for the workitem as well as child MAs/RAs? 
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks great @Justin_Workman!! Would it be fairly straightforward/possible to extract the attachments for the workitem as well as child MAs/RAs? 
    These are great ideas for V2!  As it stands now, you should be able to feed the child activities in manually and generate an html file for them as well, but I can definitely see having a checkbox for both child activities and attachments being beneficial.  
    Thanks all for the positive feedback! :smiley:

@Justin_Workman, now you're just showing off :smiley: This is absolutely awesome stuff!!!!!
    I think this tool will incredibly useful for audits as well as deep dives on work items by managers looking for more info in a format readable outside of the portal.
    Thanks again for all the positive feedback.  I really hope someone finds it useful.  Shoutout to @James_Palmer for the initial inspiration and @Jonathan_Boles for additional features.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now only if this could be a task in the portal. That would meet peoples needs for a better print function :)
    @Brian_Wiest
    I certainly considered that and may revisit this at some point in the future.  Powershell is just more in line with my experience than JS at this point.  However, I've been thinking...as most people probably want this for audit requests anyway, some of the base functions in this script could be re-arranged into a SCORCH or SMA runbook activity OR a Powershell Activity and then used with an audit request RO.  Just submit the Work Item ID you need pulled and the automation could either email or just dump the results out to a share.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this, but I have a suggestion for a future version: accept a servername as a param (or in a config file) so that it can be run remotely.

Awesome work here!
    Love this, but I have a suggestion for a future version: accept a servername as a param (or in a config file) so that it can be run remotely.

Awesome work here!
    Makes total sense.  I'll try to add that ASAP.  

v3 works brilliantly when the remote computer is named.  v3 all the way!!! :)
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The form, the powershell, the html - all slick indeed!
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Erm, excuse me @Justin_Workman ! How am I only hearing about this now.

THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I have a feature request. What if it could pull this same data from DW. What we have here today is super useful but technically I can already get to these work items for audit through console or portal. However, I cannot pull this data out from DW for a single work item.

Really nice work buddy and awesome to see you crushing the community. 3rd day of the month and already you have 66 points. Superstar!
    edited May 2018
    @Justin_Workman, this is great! Another future idea (feature request) I'll throw out there. Would it be possible to either A. List multiple work item IDs that it processes as a batch (maybe separated by commas or by specifying csv with list) B. Provide the system a range of IDs to look for (ex: SR0001-SR9999) and it pull all of the relevant work items as the version does now for a single work item.
    Thanks again for all the kind words and feedback and FRs!  V4 will come soon ;)
    It is great to watch this continue to evolve.  Keep up the good work, @Justin_Workman!
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this, it is quite useful. Great job Justin !

I'm seeing a print task function that prints the entire ticket as it is shown in the portal with all comment nodes expanded somewhere in our future ...
  • Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Tremendous work!! Anyway to get the Approval Comments into the Review Activity information? :smiley:
    Here you go guys.  I've uploaded to github:
    https://github.com/justinkwork/ExportWorkItemToHTML
    Thanks @Brad_McKenna for this great Feature Request!  I've got it implemented into what I'm calling version 4.1.  I've also added comments to credit all the feature requests in the code.
    Shout to @Geoff_Ross for suggesting uploading to github.  I'm still thinking about adding DW!
    Now only if this could be a task in the portal. That would meet peoples needs for a better print function :)
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3991/simple-print-view

• Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Justin_Workman for the feature enhancement, much appreciated!
    Also...tremendous job on the Simple Print.

I provided both of these to a co-worker who has been manually opening and printing tickets (crazy I know), and she was elated. 
  • Gary_pGary_p Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Great work @Justin_Workman. This is something we have just started to look at to capture work items prior to archiving for audit purposes.
    Updated to version 4.2 today on GitHub.  MultiExport work items are now organized by Date (YYYY/MM).
  • Tina_SamsTina_Sams Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, this is just what I need but I think I must be doing something wrong (and I'm probably just being daft!).  I get the screen up but I have no available properties to select from.... any idea?  
    Tina_Sams said:
    Hi, this is just what I need but I think I must be doing something wrong (and I'm probably just being daft!).  I get the screen up but I have no available properties to select from.... any idea?  
    Are you running it on a computer with SMLets installed?
  • Tina_SamsTina_Sams Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I am  (I know that because I had to install that first!)