Home Analyst Portal
Options

v5.0 Asset Manager Permissions Issue

Cody_ClawsonCody_Clawson Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am trying to setup asset management on the Cireson portal. According to the consultant we are working with our settings are configured properly, but when someone in the asset managers AD group tries to access the software form they get an error stating they do not have permissions to add a new asset. All the required permissions are given through the user role in SCSM.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? Is this specific to our older portal version?

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

After upgrading to version 8 the issue resolved itself. I am not sure what exactly was causing the issue, but it seems that something in the older version caused the permissions to not update properly somewhere in the process.

Answers

• Options
    Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Cody, 

Does this happen for any other Asset Manager or just this one particular user?  
  • Options
    It seems to happen to all users. The only people who have been able to access the forms are admins
  • Options
    Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    just so i could kind of visualize your set up.. how do you have your Groups / security roles set up for Asset Managers?

• Options

We have a main Group called AD group AssetPortal which contains AssetManagers and AssetUsers groups. The AssetPortal group is set as the AssetManagerADGroup in the portal. Their is a role for AssetManagers and AssetUsers in SCSM. Both roles have the same permissions which includes access to all Cireson tasks. Users from both the managers and users group get the same error.

• Options
    I have already submitted a ticket and the response was to upgrade. We are now in the planning process of performing the upgrade to the latest version so hopefully that will resolve our issue, but we hoped to try and resolve the issue sooner. It looks like upgrading might be our best/only option at this point.
  • Options
    Answer ✓

After upgrading to version 8 the issue resolved itself. I am not sure what exactly was causing the issue, but it seems that something in the older version caused the permissions to not update properly somewhere in the process.