Home Analyst Portal

Change form return to home

Scott_MceleneyScott_Mceleney Customer IT Monkey ✭
When a change is saved it "submits" the change and bring you back to the new change page ready for you to log another. When apply a change it "submits" the change and brings to to that change almost as a review. Is there a way to return to the home page once a change is saved or applied?

thanks in advance

Answers

• Scott_MceleneyScott_Mceleney Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have done some further testing. I have come to the conclusion that what i am asking for is the norm. However there are some users that this does not work for and what i described above is the "norm" for them
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ultimately depends on where you're navigating "from".  From the Dev Tools console, you can see where the portal is going to take you next(based on where you've been).  At the console prompt you can enter 'app.lib.getFormReturnUrl()' and it will tell you.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add what may be obvious, you can also change this URL in your custom Javascript code using app.lib.setFormReturnUrl('/some/other/pageILikeBetter.aspx');

Then when the page calls up that URL (after a Save or Cancel), it uses yours instead of the default.  Personally, I would only override this in specific circumstances that I can consistently and accurately describe with simple logic, since the portal already gets it right more often than it doesn't.  That, or just override it 100% of the time and always have it go back to the same page no matter what.
  • Scott_MceleneyScott_Mceleney Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hey thanks for the response guys, i'll check it out. I have since discovered that it only happens in Internet Explorer. I am a version behind, will upgrade to the latest in test env and see if it still happens