Home Asset Management

How do you get Work items affecting this configuration item to work

Bryant_RichardsBryant_Richards Customer IT Monkey ✭
We have been inputting the hardware items into tickets under configuration items. Is there a way to have those tickets displayed for the hardware item under related items on the Hardware Asset form? We are trying to track issues connected to machines and im trying to figure out the best way to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure I'm following correctly here you're saying that when you attach a Hardware Asset to Incidents, when you go to the Hardware Asset after the fact you do not see that related Incident?
  • Bryant_RichardsBryant_Richards Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Correct Adam. When I look at the assets I don't see any connected tickets. Any idea how to fix it?
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    are you sure it is the hardware asset class attached to the incident and not the windows computer or other class ?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeff_Lang beat me to the next point. As it does sound like you aren't picking the Class of objects you think you are picking.
    So where should we be putting the machine names for them to show up correctly in the device history? We currently list them under Related Configuration Items, type: computer
    Thanks Adam,
    That cleared it up for us. We couldnt figure out why it wasnt tracking the computers.