Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Open workitem in new tab from gridview

Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi

We have some users ho wants to open workitems in new tabs from the gridview like my work or team work.
I have stolen most of this code from @Martin_Blomgren and @Adam_Dzyacky and there might be some of the code that could be cleaner but it seems to work.

It changes the default rigt-arrow icon in the title coloum in gridview to an external-link icon and changes the default click behavior on icon to open in new tab or window.

I've attached the file - rename it frem .txt to .js

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Customer Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent work @Mikkel_Madsen
  • BergemaisterBergemaister Member IT Monkey ✭

@Mikkel_Madsen

Very nice solution! Does is also work for view Search view?

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited September 7
    @Bergemaister
    I've testet it with search view and it is a yes an no answer :smile:
    The link is appearing but the link is undefined since it's yet another way to build the gridview - its doable to modify the solution to work on search view to if it is combined with this solution from @Martin_Blomgren
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1985/custom-single-work-item-edit-url-for-all-types#latest 

If you want I can try to make a working solution in the next couple of weeks when time is available?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow saw the link on the search results but never clicked on them. If you get searches working do you think that might get dashboard grids to work? That has been the biggest ask since everyone wants to open a specific request without having to return and drill down again in a chart to open the next WI. My JS developer didn't have much luck figuring out why the grid doesn't get targeted.
    @Brian_Wiest
    We don't you dashboard but can you please provide me with at screen shot and point out what you meen :smile:

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    See
    and then follow the reference to the Table and chart widgets.

@mikkel_madsen

That would be awesome of course! But are there more people with this issue? Before you invest a lot of time which only benefits our users.

The thing I need is being able to open search results of saved searches in a new tab. Usually you can open them by right click and select 'open in new tab', but with saved searches and watch list items you can't. Any other sollution is fine as wel of course.

@Bergemaister
    I think this one will do it for you on searchview :smile:
    @Brian_Wiest
    Unfortunately I don't think it will du it for you - I have tried to get it to work on the standard watchlist page from the right menubar but it seems like the eventhandler fires to early so the kendogrid is not build up yet and therefor fails.

Attached is new version (only js file is updated)

@Mikkel_Madsen

This is really great, I will give this a go and let you know how it works for us! I do think it will take us longer to test it than you needed to write it (we have a lot of work at the moment), but as soon as I have some feedback I will post it ofcourse. 
    Thank you so much for the effort! 
    edited November 15
    New version - v0.4 Added support for watchlist and custom pages with sql table widgets. Added support for pages with multiple tables/gridviews

@Brian_Wiest
    Give this one a try and see if it solves your problem :smile: 
    Just installed latest portal version in my lab (8.9.5) - I have to make a new version next week to get it to work in that version :neutral: