Request Stage Progress Bar

Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 21 in Cireson Uploads
Its nice to be able to see a quick overview of a Service or Change request process without having to dive into the full activity tree and see what's going on. This is especially useful for End Users who want to see the progress of their request but wouldn't understand the activity structure.

The following extension looks up the stage of all top level activities and display a nice progress bar on the page to indicate these and which one is currently in progress.

Its early stages for now, there's some work needs doing on the styling and a lot more testing, but please give it a go. If you download, please like.

Geoff
Tagged:

Comments

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross - This is pretty slick!  I'm always a fan of highlighting things that ease confusion and frustration for the End User.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Customer Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is one fantastic customization @Geoff_Ross .
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version

Download updated on the original post. I'll move to GitHub soon.
    • Added better handling when there are no activities
    • Added extra pseudo 'Complete' stage
    • Added checks on completed Stages
    • Deals with Work Items with no 'In Progress' activity if you happen to load it between one completing and the next being in progress.

• John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I cant get this to work with the new version 8.9.4 portal. Is there anything special I need to do ?
    Hi John,

Not that I can think of, just testing myself, what issue are you having?

Geoff
    I can't get this to show up at all. I have done everything that I can think of. 
    Did you have it working before and it broke with an upgrade or have you just implemented?
    Are you setting any errors in the browser? Press F12 to get into the browser's console and check there.
    Does your Request have Activities with Stages?

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you got the GitHub repository yet? Pretty sure I found your user account but don't see this yet. Thanks.
    Not quite, its in my backlog. So many things, so little time.
    The zip file above is the latest code, did you want to contribute?
    Im just now trying to implement it. I dont see any errors in the browsers and I do have activities with stages. Not sure what I did wrong lol.