Home Asset Management

Assets belonging to disabled users

Tomi_KaartamaTomi_Kaartama Customer IT Monkey ✭
When a user is leaving our company, we move their AD accounts to an OU called Disabled. I am trying to build a view that would show all users where DN or OU contains string Disabled and then show the assets belonging to those users. Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate any of the combination class views where I would be able to use either DN or OU to filter users.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Haven't you try make a SR on portal that will be created by HR. One of the activities will be "clearing equipment". With Runbook you can get the hardware related in the SR.
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    If you have the AD connector setup properly, then the "Disabled" state of the user will be reflected in SCSM.  Then you can just have a view for HWA without a Custodian.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has never worked, in my case.  I had to set up a separate asset import connector with an LDAP query to set this.

Do you know what, specifically determines whether the connector picks this up and updates the CI, or not?
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks not sure what you mean by a "separate" connector.  In our AD User connector we have it filitering on "Active" users.  When a user is deleted or disabled, it changes the status of the AD User CI in SCSM

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been a few years since I've attempted it, but in the past the LDAP query results were never accurate when filtering on the status bit, in this connector.  The same query run anywhere else was accurate.  So yours is apparently working--are you using an OU or actually including the status in your filter?

By "separate," I mean that we have something else running that gets accurate results from AD and then updates the CIs accordingly.