Home SMA Connector

Reaching out to anyone who has SMA and WAP installed in their environment

Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I am trying to get SMA up and running in our System Center environment and was not planning to install WAP.  However it has become clear that to manage and troubleshoot SMA runbooks, WAP is still required.  If this is the only reason I am installing WAP, is there any reason not to install all of it on one server in express mode?

Best Answers

Answers

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks
    Is there any issue in using the Orchestrator SQL server for the WAP DB?
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks
    You noted above that you could hide items in the left hand panel in WAP. How do you go about doing that? I have been searching for a method but have come up empty.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    In theory, you could recreate nearly all of its dashboards in the Cireson portal by querying the SMA DB

...I mean it's not as though it's SQL queries against about 3-4 tables for job status, joins for names, joins for putting it all in the same data set, or just grabbing the Stored Procedures directly from the SMA DB then displaying it on the Cireson Portal that supports click filtering just like the WAP and then continuing to leverage the Cireson Portal as the front and center to the entire System Center stack. :)

Ok but in all seriousness, I actually made this attempt awhile ago when the SQL Widget debuted and was reminded of it once again reading this. Stored Procs were pulled, everything works in SQL/Excel, but can't get one of them to render because the Cireson Portal SQL Widget doesn't seem to like creating tables in memory. That said, I have half of the WAP Automation UI rendering on the Cireson SCSM Portal in that the SQL Table Widget shows the most recent jobs and their respective updates just like the bottom of the WAP Automation page does.

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    the Cireson Portal SQL Widget doesn't seem to like creating tables in memory.
    Have you tried defining your query as a view object in the DB? Views are treated as tables so you may find that it works.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get a chance, I'll try making this native Microsoft Stored Proc it's own View on the SMA DB. That's an "unsupported" change of an additive nature, but I'd be more than comfortable making it.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adam_Dzyacky We accomplish making our own tables and view via another DB within the same instance. This was your addition is not in the SMA DB just pulling data from it. So you don't affect your "supported configuration"