Home Analyst Portal
Options

Default value for knowledge article language

Aaron_BoockAaron_Boock Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

When creating new knowledge article, can a default value be programmatically supplied for language (i.e. English) ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

When creating new knowledge article, can a default value be programmatically supplied for language (i.e. English) ?

Hello Aaron,

When creating Knowledge Articles the language will default to whatever the language user has their Portal set to. Does that answer your question or am I missing the boat?

Merle
  • Options
    The required language property. I'd like English to be the default value, with option to choose an alternate. 
  • Options
    The current operation of the KB article is to default to whatever language the user has set. You will have the option to chose and alternate language based on the languages you have installed. This is currently by design. As we have customers across the globe setting the default language as English would not be a viable option for us but if you wish to have a different type of functionality you can always submit a feature request 

-https://support.cireson.com/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/766c2095-04bc-80f6-3d03-0b61dfad5049,947824e2-9477-c13f-7b42-f4de25915bab

You can install additional languages by updating your settings item table from within the Portal. This article can be used as a reference to add additional languages

https://support.cireson.com/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/766c2095-04bc-80f6-3d03-0b61dfad5049,947824e2-9477-c13f-7b42-f4de25915bab

Let me know if you have additional questions,

Merle
  • Options
    If you select your username in the upper right hand corner do you have other languages installed in your user settings? What is the default language of your Portal now?

Merle
  • Options
    No other languages.  If I make the language property required: false on the Knowledge.js form, I can save without specifying language.  But database then has no value for LocaleId.  I'd like to use some javascript to set this value to English for my installation.
  • Options
    Or even better, in the knowledge.js template, supply a default value.