Home Affected User

Affected User app for the Portal

Åsa_NilssonÅsa_Nilsson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Affected User
We have implemented Affected User in our test environment for the Portal and have some questions. 

- When an IR/SR is created and saved, the information still remains on the page. You get a green pop-up that says the IR/SR is saved but after about 10 sec the pop-up disappears. Since you have all the information left on the page this probably will cause confusion if the IR/SR was really saved or not. By pressing enter once again you have two similar IRs. A solution to avoid such confusion could be that the information disappears when saving the IR/SR.

- Is it possible set required fields and how? It's too easy to forget to select a support group for example.

- Urgency and Impact should reflect the default settings. As it is now, they look empty on the page but still have the default settings in the background.

Otherwise this is a great feature that will benefit us a lot.

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    - When an IR/SR is created and saved, the information still remains on the page. You get a green pop-up that says the IR/SR is saved but after about 10 sec the pop-up disappears. Since you have all the information left on the page this probably will cause confusion if the IR/SR was really saved or not. By pressing enter once again you have two similar IRs. A solution to avoid such confusion could be that the information disappears when saving the IR/SR.
    This is probably more suited as a feature request, if you haven't raised one already. 

- Is it possible set required fields and how? It's too easy to forget to select a support group for example.
    I'm having a look into this for you. I'll let you know when I have more information

- Urgency and Impact should reflect the default settings. As it is now, they look empty on the page but still have the default settings in the background.

I will also look into this. I think this could be something we change on our end unless there is a way to customise it

• Brad_ZimaBrad_Zima Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I also would like to know if it is possible to require certain fields, particularly the Support Group. Our maintenance techs are not always the best at setting this field which makes incidents invisible to them after creating.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Brad_Zima you can do it by changing the original template but be aware that it will be overwritten when you upgrade the portal so take a backup of the file before upgrading.

You have to change 2 files:

C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\viewPanels\affectedUser\pages\incident.htm and

C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\viewPanels\affectedUser\pages\servicerequest.htm

Try adding "required" to the html tag you want to be required

<div class="col-md-6">
        <label data-localize="SupportGroup"></label>
        <div data-control="enumPicker" data-control-bind="supportgroup" data-control-valuetargetid="supportgroup" data-control-enumid="23c243f6-9365-d46f-dff2-03826e24d228"></div>
        <input ng-show="false" id="supportgroup" name="supportgroup" value="" ng-model="supportgroup" ng-change="updateEnumObject(supportgroup, 'supportgroup','supportGroupList')" required />
    </div>