Home Analyst Portal

New Service Requests Not Updating Status In Views (Post Upgrade to 8.9.4)

Gary_WinhovenGary_Winhoven Customer IT Monkey ✭

I have recently upgraded our DEV portal from 8.4 to 8.9.4 to test out any glitches before putting it into Production. Everything seems to be working fine except for one thing.

When I submit new Service Requests using a request offering, the status of the Service Request in any of the views is stuck in New. When you open the request, though, it says In Progress. The status doesn't seem to change in the view until I restart the Cache Builder service or if I close and reopen my browser.

Has anyone had this issue when upgrading to 8.9.4 or any other version?


  • Options
    Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Hello Gary,

    I'm struggling with the same issue right now. I've just upgraded our production environment to 8.9.5. Service Requests in the console show Submitted, while in the portal, they show New. I've already restarted the SCSM workflow server, restarted Cache Builder, re-opened the browser, tried Firefox, renamed Health Service State folder and everything else I know of. So far, no luck at all, even after 20 minutes. Test environment works fine.

    I just hope that it's a timely issue because I have to be sure that it'll work tomorrow morning. Any other ideas are welcome, just in case.

  • Options
    Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭


    are there any errors in the windows (system) event log and/or cachebuilder log files ?

  • Options
    Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    No, there weren't any errors. Obviously, it was a timely issue. I went to bed, checked everything in the morning and so far, 3 service requests that came in have changed their status from New to Submitted. It seems that it took at least 30-40 minutes after all the actions I've done until the workflow was fine again.

    Hopefully, it'll stay this way.

  • Options
    Gary_WinhovenGary_Winhoven Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hey guys,

    Thanks for all the replies, but it turns out that the multi mapping to the description was going over the character limit for the field and that was causing the field to just come up blank.

    We ended up moving some of the less essential multi mapping to the notes and it seems to be working fine.

    Thanks again for your help!
Sign In or Register to comment.