Home Asset Barcode

Asset Barcode Dead?

Ben_HoltBen_Holt Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi

I was curious if the Asset Barcode product is officially dead, and if there was any plans to resurrect the product or not. Several months back I had noticed that the app had been removed from the Google Play Store and today noticed that it's no longer available from the Apple App Store. We also ran into a problem with the app no longer asking for permissions to the camera on iOS 12 devices. It does still work on iOS 12 devices that already had permissions defined for the app, but not for new devices or on devices if the app is removed and reinstalled. I had also discovered a problem after upgrading the Asset Management components, that the barcode app would have an error when trying to modify more than one hardware asset at a time.

Our desktop support group really liked the app when it worked.

Thanks
Ben

Best Answer

Answers

• Ben_HoltBen_Holt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. I will enter a support ticket. I did try to go into Settings to grant permission to the camera, but the app is not listed. I think the apps only show up there after they have asked for the permission.
  • Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Ben_Holt said:
    Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. I will enter a support ticket. I did try to go into Settings to grant permission to the camera, but the app is not listed. I think the apps only show up there after they have asked for the permission.
    Hey Ben, once you submit a ticket, let me know the IR number for tracking.
  • Ben_HoltBen_Holt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hey Matt

My ticket number is IR80284.

Thanks
    Ben

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Is somewhere android apk file with latest version?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Marek_Lefek you'll probably have to build yourself, but it's over here on Cireson's GitHub.