Home Analyst Portal

Users cannot open their tickets any longer

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We do have a strange issue that a handful of users is not able to open their tickets any more since last Thursday. The tickets are visible under My Requests for the affected user but when clicking the ticket to open, they get an error that the ticket doesn't exist or access rights are missing. Other users in the same domain are doing fine. Users who are affected are in different domains/forests.

I haven't changed any permissions, membership or anything else that might affect access to the tickets. The Affected User object is correct, nothing missing. Tickets are still active/submitted and present, they were created last week. Helpdesk or myself can open them without an error message. I cannot find anything that looks like a configuration issue. History of each ticket looks fine to me, assignments and changes to the ticket are all recorded. Nothing has been changed on the servers or portal either. Portal version is 8.9.5.2012.

Any idea what can cause some individual user objects not to be able to open their tickets as affected user any longer? It doesn't seem to be an enterprise-wide effect, otherwise there would be a lot more users complaining about.

Thanks

Ingrid

Answers

• Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Ingrid, 

This does sound like a good mystery one.  Do you know if these requests are specific to Incidents or service requests?  

My first thought would be something around permissions.  Do you know if you look at the Cachebulder Logs, if its screaming anything regards to that for these users?  
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Donson,

cachebuilder log is fine, no screams. Right now, it's only affecting incidents, as far as I know.

I just got a third person to report a similar case. He is an analyst, the ticket was assigned to his analyst queue and him in person, but wasn't visible in neither team work nor my work. He had to search it via work item search bar, was able to open the ticket and resolve it. So permissions were fine, but visibility of the queue was gone. I do work with the portal the whole day already and haven't had any issues at all, but I'm in a different analyst queue.

I'm the only person who usually assigns permissions and creates groups within Service Manager and portal(except helpdesk who adds people to groups), so I don't know of any reason why permissions should change, disappear or otherwise affect the work with the portal. It's really mystery.

If nothing has changed on your end internally, do you know if Active Directory Team had done anything on their end recently that might have caused some changes?  I would assume CB would have some sort of warning on these specific users popping up. 

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I belong to the Windows server team that is responsible for AD. So far, no changes have been made. No warnings on these users either. I'll wait and see whether we'll have more people complaining about or the issue will resolve itself somehow.
    Agreed.  I was thinking the same.  

You'll most likely get more of the same issues throughout the day and you'll be able to narrow where the problem is. 

Keep me posted.