Home Analyst Portal

Hide Support Group Selection for End Users

Andrew_ReiterAndrew_Reiter Customer IT Monkey ✭

In our environment, we are supporting users from many companies. We have automation that assigns requests to the appropriate support group based on the user AD company attribute.  This works great.  We would like analysts to have the option to assign a request directly to a support group.  If we add support group selection to a request offering, is there a way for us to hide it from end users?  We have a few offerings that we have duplicated and split visibility between end users and analysts.  We have many more that we would like to do this with but I'd prefer not to have duplicate offerings everywhere. 

Answers

• Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Andrew, with out customization I would do it how you currently doing it right now.  Having two request offerings of the same, with the small difference of one having the support group visibility.  Then base on the user role catalog groups will drive to which offering they see. 

Another way that may work for you is using the Advanced Request Offering.  The support group input wouldn't be shown, unless another question is selected which then drops out the Support group prompt.  This solution would mostly only help reduce the duplicate Request Offerings you would have to make.  

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1276#/  
  • Andrew_ReiterAndrew_Reiter Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the reply.  That customization(via JS I assume) is something I was hoping someone had done before and could steer me in the right direction. I'm familiar with conditional visibility in ARO, but that doesn't quite solve what I'm looking for.