Home CMDB Portal

CMDB Portal Installations - All Computers, Users Missing

Timothy_BoyceTimothy_Boyce Customer IT Monkey ✭
Upgrade from 8.9.5.2012 to 9.0.3.2012. I am looking around the new feature set for the CMDB and I do not see any objects in the All Computers section or the Users section. 
Using the SCSM Console, I see the objects just fine in Configuration Items.
What am I missing?

Best Answers

• Timothy_BoyceTimothy_Boyce Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I let the system cook over the weekend and the issue is resolved. This upgrade was first performed in Lab. 
    Tables?
    csnCached_MT_Computer
    csnCached_MT_System_Domain_User

After the upgrade, I restarted the CacheBuilder Service. I just didn't anticipate the amount of time for the object to start appearing in the portal.

When I perform the upgrade in PROD, I will detail more information.

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Timothy_Boyce

Its going to be an issue getting the data into the cache or back out of the cache.
    The Platform_Cache service handles both these operations. Have to look in your ServiceManagement database for tables for Users an Computers. Check if these contain the data. If they don#t its the first scenario, if they do, its the second. Report back and we'll go from there.

Geoff
  • Timothy_BoyceTimothy_Boyce Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I let the system cook over the weekend and the issue is resolved. This upgrade was first performed in Lab. 
    Tables?
    csnCached_MT_Computer
    csnCached_MT_System_Domain_User

After the upgrade, I restarted the CacheBuilder Service. I just didn't anticipate the amount of time for the object to start appearing in the portal.

When I perform the upgrade in PROD, I will detail more information.