Home Analyst Portal - Community

Change Request Template

Hi All,

I have added a text box to appear on our change management template and it works well. How ever im not sure if i have missed something as it seemed to be too easy :)

i went into the changerequest.js on custom space folder and updated the template as per below and it appeared instantly.

have i missed something else? it wont cause any other issues anywhere?

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mina,

I notice you have the Property Name of Communication Plan, did you extend the Change Request Class with a Custom Class in order to add in this property? If this property does not exist in the Console then you may have issues.

If you have already extended the class to add this additional field then that is absolutely fine how you have added it, when working with the Custom Forms it is relatively easy because you can normally copy another line that works!

Let me know if this helps.
    Shane.
  • Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, i didnt actually extend the class to add the property so it isnt in the console. If we are not using the console will it be an issue? we mainly work on the portal end. I don't know how to extend the class to be honest, any steps?

yeah, i just copied a line that works and renamed the details.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mina,

Yes even if you are not using the Console as the Portal will need to write this data somewhere and if you have that Custom Box and you have not extended the Change Request Class to Support this that data is not going to go anywhere.

To extend the class you would need to create this inside SCSM Authoring Tool or Visual Studio, define all the properties of the class extension and then produce a Management Pack which you would then import into the SCSM Console, Administration, Management Packs.

Once you have done this then the Portal Custom Form will need to have the Property Name set to the internal name of your class extension in the Management Pack.

Below are a couple of links that may help:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scsm/auth-classes?view=sc-sm-2019
    https://marcelzehner.ch/2011/01/01/creating-classes/

Hope this helps.
    Shane.